Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Unexpected Colour


Today I went for a 5 minute walk around the neighborhood with my camera in hand, in search of something that grabbed my attention enough to write about. What I did find, however, was a new outlook. Definitely not what I was looking for.

Despite its appearance, this is not a blog post aiming to showcase the common decrepit sights of the streets. It is to emphasise the adaptability of nature, seen scattered throughout the suburbs yet rarely noticed. It is commonly out of focus, surrounding man-made clutter, entangled with dangling power lines, growing beneath concealed graffiti and attempting to hide useless junk left beside the road for council pick-up. Proving, that one can find the beauty and complexity of nature absolutely anywhere, even if it seems somewhat overshadowed. So next time something ghastly makes its way into view, search for something beautiful, it is there waiting to be discovered.

Claire.

"Green is the prime color of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises."

Pedro Calderon de la Barca


5 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying these photos!

    Like everywhere is has its good and bad but it's home!

    Love to see a post someday about the good old channel cafe days! maybe some judges car park photos hehe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay I'm glad! This blog is giving me a good excuse to use my camera!
    Ooo very good idea! I might just do that! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work, these photos beautifully capture how much of a shithole our backyard is.

    Ditto on the Channel. I have many fantasies about playing a gig there to a full house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha.. a Channel post would be great!

    Photos are lovely dear x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Claire

    Awesome work... one of my favourite quotes is 'photography is not about taking photos but about learning to see the world differently

    j xoxo

    ReplyDelete